Tuesday 13 March 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly ..part 2



Foam on the Beach-Jervis Bay Morning


Moona Creek Friday Morning



Well after our coffee fix at Harry Palms Cafe, we headed out into the Park to see how the surf was looking, and we wern't disappointed


It was only about 3-4 feet, clean with just 2 other surfers out, with this Robbie turned to me and said 'out there?'....ha , dont have to twist my arm , so work was thrown out the door and we headed down to the track for my second surf of the day.After arriving down on the reef and seeing one surfer lefted in the water, I gave old mate 'Butters' a ring to see if he could join me .....



Pigeon House Mountain

A few pics  below by Mr Drift aka Robbie Slater  http://www.drift2540.com/







Butters joined me in the fun as well















Thanks for the pics Robbie!!!

The other surfer soon bolted out of the water and joined his mate on rocks, so I was flying solo for about 30 minutes , till some local young Koorie kids turned up from the Village to join me, and not long after that , Butters arrived as well, to take the total number of surfers in the water to 3 kids on lids and 2 old kneeboarders. So after catching a squllion waves (lol) I came in for a break and thats when Butters ripped out his rear fin on the reef. Being a generous guy, I sent him back out with my board for a try...





and as you can see, he had alot of fun on my 5' 10" Drift.....now you wonder how 'Butters' got his name, well after getting out of the water and professing his love of my board and how well it went, in between frothing, the said board slipped clean from his hands and landed fins first ( very loudly) on the reef.....what a butter fingers he was.....as the old saying goes, 'shit happens', and luckly Robbie was there to take it back to the workshop for repair!

A few frame grabs from the morning



Dont look Back



oNLY A wAKA kNoWs ThE FeeLiNg



2 comments: