Friday 16 August 2019

Sons of Fun

























                           Your never to old to have FUN






' SCUMM sharing waves with a younger generation, teaching them to share waves with your mates , 2 or 3 to a wave , and a older generation who have way to much Fun' 













                                Fun Land 







SCUMM AIRLINES from adam williams on Vimeo.



7 o'clock in the Morning from adam williams on Vimeo.



Nathan from adam williams on Vimeo.


John Adkins,  the visiting mat rider has been scoring while travelling the NSW north coast , scoring his boyhood dream of surfing Angourie , with just a handful out ( pictured below)



and Saltwater with a mellow crew


                                   'So Damm Cold' Sunday





It was cold but the swell had finally came ! Maybe with not the greatest direction but enough to push onto the local reefs that I haunt , and as I walked up to the lookout a nice set wave blew thru with just 2 others out, it was enough to encourage me to suit up with some extra warm rubber and jump out to enjoy the fun. There was this seal in the lineup , hanging around and not enough to be annoying but just letting us know he was there when one of the guys mentioned he saw a surfer out at the point, so hearing this I starting paddling out to sea and out to Coco Pops to join my friend Paul on his 8 foot shooter and the waves were twice the size to what I was surfing back on the reef. I then noticed that the  seal had followed me out, and again just hung around us with some dolphins thrown in as well. I would catch a wave and paddle back out, that seal would pop its head up to say hello and it stay with me for the whole session .SCORE ! just the 2 of us for a couple of hours before his brother Nathan came out on a mat as well. We were finally joined by another 2 surfers but by then the tide had backed off, the swell had slowed down , so it was time for me to go in for some breakfast and warm up! As I walked up the steps I thought about that seal that followed me earlier and when I checked my phone there was a message from Eric's daughter that today was his anniversary, so it all made sense now , well I like to think that old mate was surfing with me like we use , only this time he was a Seal!


SKID VICIOUS from adam williams on Vimeo.

I ordered some extra chips as well, Eric was a fucking seagull when it came to eating hot chips!!






No comments:

Post a Comment