Friday 8 March 2013

The Hand of Yoda


rob1


A morning at Summercloud …Thru the camera lenses of  Robbie Slater!


mm7

Nobody there…slight onshore…funky swell direction and dead low tide.

Would you go out?…too right I did!

mm6

Having surf this place fairly regularly over the years and mainly on my kneeboard, it is a treat to give it a splash on my surf mat , and with me already surfed my mat there a couple of times previously, this was a good test as there was about 4ft of east swell but with dead low tide not helping, this was going to be interesting to say the least ….least the crowd factor was zero with just Rob on the beach ( there was no rights so he didn’t bother coming out)  and just me in the water….yippee!


wrecky-1


wrecky-2

So after the long walk out to the beach and then the quick jump off from Learners, I was soon out there on my lonesome looking for a fun one to run me across to the Peak, but the swell had way too much east in it and was sweeping the reef, so it was the Peak or nothing!


wrecky-3


wrecky-5

Most waves were way too fast and would outrun me, but it was still fun taking the drop and seeing  how far I could recover the bottom turn and run some face before being shutdown. The good thing is I never lost my mat and with surfing there previously on smaller days and been sucked up and over in the tube , then getting bounced along the bottom of the reef on my back while bear hugging my mat and not letting go, I found keeping a low inflation a huge bonus as it made it easy to hang onto while getting a water enema under water!

wrecky-8

All pics by Yoda

mm5


mm


mm1


mm2


mm3


mm4


a GoPro video from the morning below


Back in a Day on my Drift Kneeboard


drift


pipe-07


lp-65


lp-63


pipe-072


lp-79


view

Thanks for the pic’s Robbie


wrecky-15


rob2

3 comments:

  1. What a life..!!! George would be stoked...no head count..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer past photos of you at pipe!! thats great getting to surf there alone on the mat, looks like you had some fun ones.
    hail to waka and yoda

    ReplyDelete