Saturday 8 December 2012

Welcome


2

Welcome to the mat rider’s club…Paul oiley Newman!

Finally he has succumbed to our peer pressure and has purchased a MT5 surf mat , joining Eric da Bolt and myself in our own surf mat club that we have down here on the NSW South Coast…..congratulations mate!!



paul2


We were lucky enough to score some fun slides for his maiden voyage into mat surfing down here at the local cove , with the tide being a bit full but the crowd level was at zero for about a hour, so we made the most of it before being joined by the local kids and crew. I took one look at it and ran and got my mat ( i had surfed it the afternoon before and had a ball) while Paul and Eric took their kneeboards down and had a couple on them before joining me for our first mat meet.



1


goop

Eric da Bolt …..kneeboarder/matrider

eric


eric1


eric2


eric3

Paul oiley Newman


paul


weapons

mt5


only a mat rider knows the feeling

3


video below of some of the mornings fun


5 comments:

  1. Three mat riders constitutes a mat meet of some note. Good on ya guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin , we had some fun as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friggin awesome guys!! I tried cakes mat a few weeks back at the cove and found it difficult to ride..catching waves was easy but manouvering on the wave was hard!! I know that it makes a difference how inflated the mat is when riding it perhaps my 23 breaths were full of hot air!
    anyways you guys are havin fun
    tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Xmas Tommy!!! and thanks mate! We are loving the mat riding at the moment, so much fun and it has made me look at riding waves in another whole new way. The inflation is a big thing in 'sliding', we keep them up in real small surf, then deflate down for size and juice....we hanging for the next big day at Wrecky when we can take off from Learners and push thru to the peak....I have taken my mat out their on smaller days and have been barrell rolled and bounced along the bottom while bear hugging my MT5.....hahahah!

      Delete
  4. Mateee, had a blast, could let you and Da Bolt keep getting inside me !!!

    ReplyDelete