Thursday 7 June 2012

Local Knowledge


I had these pics sent to recently of this weeks big blow that hit the East Coast of Australia…..it was pumping down here in Jervis Bay as well, but I was unfortunately out of the water with one killer virus/bug that had me laid up fairly well….thanks to Charlie Straumietis for the words and pictures below

_66H3052p

The swell was up to its tricks again Thursday morning.
The south end of the 'Bra was the only spot that looked likely - no-one surfing anywhere else  though I didn't check Bondi. Bronte still had a bit of size but no takers. Lurline not quite big enough and tide issues.
It must have frustrated the hell out of all those who were waiting to snaffle up the left overs of the 'Big Blow'.
Just before noon it was cleaning up nicely at the south end of Maroubra and oddly enough the lone surfer picking off the set waves was a local kneelo (Pete MaClure) who used his local knowledge to his advantage.
Pete picked off three nice set waves and I guess it may have been a case of "it's off to work I go". Don't know where the 'regulars' were.
While I was at La Perouse checking Ours earlier in the morning I spotted the leftovers of a launch at Yarra Bay that had come off second best during the storm. The hull had been ripped clean off and busted into pieces. (Last 2 pics)

Cheers

Charlie 

_66H3136p
_66H3163p
_66H3176p
 

No comments:

Post a Comment