Wednesday 8 April 2015

April Fool’s Day


290


No Joke…it was just the 3 of us surfing Ozzie Pipe for over 3 hours before anyone else appeared. Thankfully I never look at at a surf forecast on the internet and just use my own local knowledge for swell prediction . The surf was far from pumping , but at 2 foot, clean and low tide, we must have caught a zillion barrels and was trading  different surf craft amongst us to mix the rides up. I started off on my paipo, swapped for a hand plane , switched to a surf mat and rode a few on a kneeboard before finally taking the paipo back out before exhaustion set in and my legs were just cramping from kicking all morning.



Summercloud Bay , Wreck Bay , Black Rock or just Oz Pipe…a place with many names and such a delight to surf.


284


Paul Newman below giving my timber paipo run.

Pictures by Eric Bridges


046



051



paul


I only rode  a handful of waves with this Drift tri fin kneeboard and as Eric explained to me , it once belonged to my middle son Alex , so this  board would have to be close to 20 years old…..Many Thanks  to Eric for snapping a few pictures.


032



033



034



035



036



065



066



067



068



069



070



071


Paipo Fun Below


079



080



081



082



083



Plenty of barrel action in the video below



April Fool from adam williams on Vimeo.



Eric Bridges

Pictures below by me.

112



119



122



124



131



132



133



144



148




155



156



157



158



159



160



168




Video below by Paul “Flipper’ Newman

LOWRIDERS



Lowriders... from Bulkheads Stuff on Vimeo.



Mat Man Eric Bridges


184



185




186




187




188




189




190




192


I love my timber Paipo and Duck Feet flippers

paipo

Bonza Fun Again

A Sunday to Far Away


027



With just a dozen odd surfers out and nobody surfing the point , it gave me a chance again to ride my Bonzer in some down the line waves. It could have been bigger, but at 3-4ft it was enough to satisfy my thirst for nice long walls. No tubes, but I even came in and gave my mat a run, and with that priceless look on some  Brazilian surfers faces  as they saw me pulling out my inflatable and blowing it up as I walk toward the shoreline …Gold



026


Running down from the Point


029


Jungle Love




Sunday @ Shelly's from adam williams on Vimeo.



064

Coca Cola


Everything goes great with Coca Cola….even mat riding



COCA COLA from adam williams on Vimeo.


GILLIGANS iSLAND


109



Another near empty mid week day ( it helps when everywhere is pumping) down at my favorite mat riding spot Green Island.  When I first looked at it from the lookout there must have been a dozen so surfers out and the swell looked a bit East , but lucky for me fellow mat rider Steve came walking up the steps and into the car park, frothing on how good it was out there, so by the time I hit the break nearly everyone came in for lunch, just leaving myself and couple others…..3 hours later and 2 very sore legs from kicking so much , I was standing on the beach as the next shift came running past me and into the water….YEW!



101



the view from the lookout!


104


Bonza Morning

I actually paddled out at another point break for a few waves, decided it was no good and then drove down to Gilligans for a mat surf….the drive was worth it!



Bonza Morning from adam williams on Vimeo.

Next Morning


green



Well I was stuffed, my whole body was aching all over, but there was still swell and waves to be had so was back down there first light. The tide was low and the waves would have been way better around noon with the higher tide, but being a Friday and the word was out how good it was the day before, so a quick surf  and back to work for me.



green1


Raft Riders



RAFTS from adam williams on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment