Friday 14 November 2014

Crazy Mat Men II & III


062

Another great run of swell and offshore winds this past week



123

Wednesday


001


After deciding to give myself a couple of day off from work, and with it coinciding with a large south swell and NE winds, Eric the Bullet and myself headed off in search of good waves……and scored a rather large swell without a lot of punters, in fact it eventually got down to jus myself and my mat Ric in the line-up…must have been a tad big for everybody I suppose, but as you can see in the video below, super clean with big walls for my mat to fly on.




crazy mat men 11 from adam williams on Vimeo.



Ric the Kneelo below


ric



Eric decided to ride my kneeboard, so when I eventually got back to my Van, he was joined by fellow kneelo’s Robbie Rennie and Mark Zorbac for a quick rundown.




064

Thursday


306

Half the size and double the crowd….WTF


Neal Cameron below


neal



I snapped these pics after getting out, missed sharing a few waves with Neal, but after 3 hours my legs were cramping and my body needed fuel.



024




037




068




095



Caught my first wave at 6.20 am and shared it with Justin Spittle…..fancy seeing you here….


justin




justin-1





crazy mat men III from adam williams on Vimeo.



The first hour the crowd was not too bad, so shared a few a couple with Justin and then as more and more people joined us, I went over to the front of the Island for a couple on my own.



spit





spit3




spit4




121




174




175



MUSIC

ROADTRIPPERS


'This music was convieved written and recorded in the distant far northern regions of the Republic of Outbackistan in the turbulent years of 2012-2014. Northern Outbackistan includes the wild frontiers of Cape York, the Gulf, the Kimberley and the Top End.'


outbackistan


OUTBACKISTAN and how to get it…

If you'd like to purchase a copy please email me at roadtrippers@bigpond.com
and I'll send the details. We have no paypal etc set up yet or itunes but it will happen one day. It is also available at the Lions Den.
It costs 20 bucks which includes postage.
I think you'll like it.
 

Gavin Dear

Gavin is a singer-songwriter with The Roadtrippers, and also a geologist.


Expand/Collapse Gav Dear

 
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/local/brisbane/conversations/201411/r1352113_18951661.mp3



1 comment:

  1. you and Justin are flying in that one video segment! love the pulled back shots of neal out at gilligins and great music choice!! glad you scored some less crowded waves when the surf was bigger............

    ReplyDelete